Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What to do?

This is my first ever blog... it is all the new hype among moms and scrapbookers so I thought I would join in. This will help to keep my family and friends in tune with what is going on in my life since I don't do a very good job of calling people when I should. So for my first post I guess I will write about my problem with Hannah and school. Hannah's birthday is August 21... she will be five this year which means she can start school, however I'm not totally convinced that she is really ready. She has been a stay at home kid since birth and just started a 2 day a week preschool this past August. She is a very opinionated kid (not sure where she gets that from he he) and I'm not sure she totally gets that school is not an option and not just a play date. I hate to send her too early but if you ask the school system they would say send her if you ask parents they would say keep her out one more year (even though they are sending their kids). So I don't feel like I am getting honest opinions. My only options are to send her and hope she does OK or send her to a preschool program here in town that is expensive (or at least to me it is because I'm not used to paying for daycare). Only problem with sending her to the preschool is that I would have to pull her out of the school she is in now and start her next week at the new preschool because they have an opening otherwise she may not get in this fall because they have a very extensive waiting list. They don't usually have kids drop out in the middle of the year but this has happened and that is why they have an opening. I cant send her to the public school preschool because she will be 5 and they only take kids that are 4. I really don't like the idea of switching her in the middle of the school year but looks like I don't have much of a choice. So anyway lots of prayers for me as I make this decision.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! You did it! Now I can keep up with you even more! Looking good, looking good. I don't know about you, but it took me for forever to figure all this out..I almost gave up. Glad I didn't now though. Hey, thanks for the ear last night. I am so glad to have you at my fingertips now when I want to talk to you. I love you friend. By the way, good luck with the decision. I will say a prayer for ya. Also, you've been added under my list of favs on my site. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have decided on this or not but I would strongly suggest sending her to school. I think it would really do a lot for her as far as interacting with adults. Also, it will give you a feel for how involved you are going to need to be in school activities. Are you going to be a PTO mom, classroom volunteer, or any of those other things that can get put upon you? Plus, since you are in a smaller town, it will give her the opportunity to begin relationships with the kids she will undoubtedly be around for a while.

    ReplyDelete